- Name: Barney Frank
- Birthday (Date of Birth): March 31, 1940
- Place of Birth: Bayonne, New Jersey
- State: Massachusetts
- Position: House
- Also Worked As: Massachusetts House of Representatives
- College: Harvard University
- Took Office in: 1981
- Party Affiliation: Democratic
- Biography: Frank started coming out as gay to friends before he ran for Congress and came out publicly in 1987, "prompted in part by increased media interest in his private life…" and the death of Stewart McKinney, "a closeted bisexual Republican representative from Connecticut"; Frank told The Washington Post after McKinney's death there was “An unfortunate debate about 'Was he or wasn't he? Didn't he or did he?' I said to myself, I don't want that to happen to me.” Frank's announcement had little impact on his electoral prospects. Shortly after coming out, Frank met and began dating Herb Moses, an economist and LGBT activist; their relationship lasted for eleven years until an amicable break-up in July 1998. Moses, who was an executive at Fannie Mae from 1991 to 1998, was the first partner of an openly gay member of Congress to receive spousal benefits and the two were considered "Washington's most powerful and influential gay couple."
Frank resides in a studio apartment complex in Newton, Massachusetts. His partner, Jim Ready, is a surfing enthusiast whom Frank met during a gay political fundraiser in Maine, where Ready still lives. As of 2008, Frank's net worth is estimated to be $972,150. His sister, Ann Lewis, served as a senior adviser in Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign.
- âPlease Go Awayâ: Barney Frank Has a Message For âDisasterâ James Comey
- March 20, 2017, 10:29 am
- During an interview today, former Massachusetts representative Barney Frank said he wants James Comey to "go away.
- Barney Frank: Scalia Was âLeading Advocate of Fag Burning, Not Flag Burningâ
- November 29, 2016, 4:17 pm
- Former Congressman Barney Frank's reaction to Donald Trump's flag burning tweet featured a comment about the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin