- Name: Chris Christie
- Birthday (Date of Birth): September 6, 1962
- Place of Birth: Newark, New Jersey, United States
- State: New Jersey
- Position: Governor
- Also Worked As:
- Took Office in: 2010
- Party Affiliation: Republican
- Biography: Chris Christie was born in Newark, New Jersey, the son of Bill and Sondra Christie. He was raised in Livingston, graduating from Livingston High School. Christie graduated from the University of Delaware with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science in 1984 and Seton Hall University School of Law with a Juris Doctor degree in 1987. Christie was admitted to the Bar of the State of New Jersey and the Bar of the United States District Court, District of New Jersey, in December 1987.
In 1986, Christie married Mary Pat Foster, a fellow student at the University of Delaware. After marriage they shared a one-room apartment in Summit, New Jersey. Mary Pat Christie pursued a career in investment banking, eventually working at the Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald. She left the firm in 2001 following the September 11th attacks, only recently returning to work part-time. They have four children. Christie and his family reside in Mendham Township, not in the official New Jersey governor's residence, Drumthwacket.
Christie is of Irish and Sicilian descent.
- Chris Christie: 'I Don't Care If I'm Loved. I Want To Be Respected.'
- October 21, 2014, 11:29 am
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) made tough remarks while speaking at a U.S. Chamber of Commerce event in Washington on Tuesday.
"I don't care if
- Chris Christie Is So Tired Of Hearing About The Minimum Wage
- October 21, 2014, 10:30 am
- Aww! Isn't that sweet? Chris Christie wants parents to have higher aspirations for their kids than just minimum wage, mostly because he's so eager to do the bidding of the Kochs:
New Jersey Gov.