- Name: Chris Christie
- Birthday (Date of Birth): September 6, 1962
- Place of Birth: Newark, New Jersey, United States
- State: New Jersey
- Position: Governor
- Also Worked As:
- Took Office in: 2010
- Party Affiliation: Republican
- Biography: Chris Christie was born in Newark, New Jersey, the son of Bill and Sondra Christie. He was raised in Livingston, graduating from Livingston High School. Christie graduated from the University of Delaware with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science in 1984 and Seton Hall University School of Law with a Juris Doctor degree in 1987. Christie was admitted to the Bar of the State of New Jersey and the Bar of the United States District Court, District of New Jersey, in December 1987.
In 1986, Christie married Mary Pat Foster, a fellow student at the University of Delaware. After marriage they shared a one-room apartment in Summit, New Jersey. Mary Pat Christie pursued a career in investment banking, eventually working at the Wall Street firm Cantor Fitzgerald. She left the firm in 2001 following the September 11th attacks, only recently returning to work part-time. They have four children. Christie and his family reside in Mendham Township, not in the official New Jersey governor's residence, Drumthwacket.
Christie is of Irish and Sicilian descent.
- Chris Christie doubles down on marijuana comments
- July 29, 2015, 5:23 am
- If the majority really does want to legalize it, then Congress will, he said.
- Chris Christie Still Has Reefer Madness
- July 29, 2015, 5:19 am
- Chris Christie says he would ignore states that have legalized marijuana if he became President.