- Name: Dennis Kucinich
- Birthday (Date of Birth): October 8, 1946
- Place of Birth: Cleveland, Ohio
- State: Ohio
- Position: House
- Also Worked As: Mayor of Cleveland
- College: Case Western Reserve University
- Took Office in: 1997
- Party Affiliation: Democratic
- Biography: Kucinich was born in Cleveland, Ohio, on October 8, 1946, as the eldest of the seven children of Frank and Virginia Kucinich. His father, a truck driver, was of Croatian ancestry; his Irish American mother was a homemaker. Growing up, his family moved 21 times and Kucinich was often charged with the responsibility of finding apartments they could afford.
He attended Cleveland State University from 1967 to 1970. In 1973, he graduated from Case Western Reserve University with both a Bachelor and a Master of Arts degree in speech and communication. Kucinich was baptized a Roman Catholic. He is twice divorced, with a daughter, Jackie, from his marriage to Sandra Lee McCarthy. He married his third wife, Elizabeth Harper, a British citizen, on August 21, 2005. The two met while Harper was working as an assistant for the Chicago-based American Monetary Institute, which brought her to Kucinich's House of Representatives office for a meeting. She is 31 years younger than Kucinich.
Dennis was raised with four brothers, Larry, Frank, Gary and Perry; and two sisters, Theresa and Beth Ann. On December 19, 2007, Perry Kucinich, the youngest brother, was found dead in his apartment. On November 11, 2008, his youngest sister, Beth Ann Kucinich, also died.
- Rachel Maddow: Hillary Clinton Better Watch Out For Bernie Sanders
- June 2, 2015, 4:22 am
- MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on Monday railed against conventional Beltway wisdom that Bernie Sanders doesn't stand a chance for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination.
- Dennis Kucinich Blasts Congress For Lack Of War Vote: 'We Have A Constitutional Crisis'
- September 25, 2014, 2:34 am
- WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama had little trouble convincing Congress -- even Republicans who usually fight tooth and nail against his policies