- Name: Elijah Cummings
- Birthday (Date of Birth): January 18, 1951
- Place of Birth: Baltimore, Maryland
- State: Maryland
- Position: House
- Also Worked As: State House of Delegates Speaker Pro Tem of the Maryland House of Delegates
- College: Howard University University of Maryland
- Took Office in: 1996
- Party Affiliation: Democratic
- Biography: Cummings serves on numerous Maryland boards and commissions including the Board of Visitors (BOV) to the United States Naval Academy, the Baltimore Zoo Board of Trustees, the Baltimore Aquarium Board of Trustees, the Baltimore Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America Board of Directors and the Dunbar-Hopkins Health Partnership Executive Board.
In addition to his many speaking engagements, he writes a biweekly column for the Baltimore Afro-American newspaper. He currently lives in the Madison Park community in Baltimore, and is an active member of the New Psalmist Baptist Church. He was mentioned as a possible candidate in 2006 for the United States Senate seat of retiring Sen. Paul Sarbanes, but ended up endorsing Kweisi Mfume for the seat instead of running himself (see Maryland United States Senate election, 2006). He is also considered to be a possible candidate for Governor of Maryland in the future.
- Russian propaganda outlet paid $45,386 to bring Trumpâs former national security adviser to Moscow
- March 16, 2017, 10:42 am
- Newly revealed documents reveal Russian interests paid Michael Flynn nearly $68,000 inÂ 2015.
- The ranking Oversight Committee member is suspicious about the U.S. attorney firing
- March 12, 2017, 6:59 am
- Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) thinks Bhararaâs ouster could have something to do with investigations intoÂ Trump.
Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet