- Name: Jackie Speier
- Birthday (Date of Birth): May 14, 1950
- Place of Birth: San Francisco, California
- State: California
- Position: House
- Also Worked As: San Mateo County Supervisor, California, State Assembly, California State Senator
- College: University of California, Davis
- Took Office in: 2008*
- Party Affiliation: Democratic
- Biography: Jackie Speier was born in 1950 in San Francisco and grew up in an apolitical, working-class family. Her mother, Nancy (Kanchelian), was Armenian American, and her father, Fred Speier, was the son of a Jewish refugee from Nazi Germany. Speier took Jacqueline as her confirmation name after Jackie Kennedy. She is a graduate of Mercy High School in Burlingame, which is where her daughter attended as a freshman in the 2008–2009 school year. She earned a B.A. from the University of California, Davis, and a J.D. from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1976.
Speier's first husband, Dr. Steve Sierra, died in a car accident in 1994 at the age of 53. At the time, she was two months pregnant with their second child, a daughter named Stephanie. They also had a son, Jackson Kent, to whom Speier gave birth in 1988 while she was serving as a member of the California State Assembly, the first woman in that legislature to do so. Speier then supported her children as a widowed single mother before marrying Barry Dennis, an investment consultant, in 2001.
- Democratic Rep. Marks April Foolsâ Day with Faux Bill Proposal to Stop Trumpâs âUnsupervised Tweetsâ
- April 1, 2017, 12:33 pm
- Democratic Congresswoman Jackie Speier used April Fools' Day this afternoon to take a shot at President Trump's Twitter habits.
- Nunes calls leak to Trump a 'judgment call,' while Cummings calls for Nunes to be investigated
- March 23, 2017, 9:46 am
- Campaign Action
House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes has reportedly apologized to members of his committee for going first to the press and