- Name: Jackie Speier
- Birthday (Date of Birth): May 14, 1950
- Place of Birth: San Francisco, California
- State: California
- Position: House
- Also Worked As: San Mateo County Supervisor, California, State Assembly, California State Senator
- College: University of California, Davis
- Took Office in: 2008*
- Party Affiliation: Democratic
- Biography: Jackie Speier was born in 1950 in San Francisco and grew up in an apolitical, working-class family. Her mother, Nancy (Kanchelian), was Armenian American, and her father, Fred Speier, was the son of a Jewish refugee from Nazi Germany. Speier took Jacqueline as her confirmation name after Jackie Kennedy. She is a graduate of Mercy High School in Burlingame, which is where her daughter attended as a freshman in the 2008–2009 school year. She earned a B.A. from the University of California, Davis, and a J.D. from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1976.
Speier's first husband, Dr. Steve Sierra, died in a car accident in 1994 at the age of 53. At the time, she was two months pregnant with their second child, a daughter named Stephanie. They also had a son, Jackson Kent, to whom Speier gave birth in 1988 while she was serving as a member of the California State Assembly, the first woman in that legislature to do so. Speier then supported her children as a widowed single mother before marrying Barry Dennis, an investment consultant, in 2001.
- House Dem Stumbles Over Nature: âTarantulaâ Putin Weaved âSpiderwebâ in U.S.
- March 20, 2017, 10:15 am
- Democratic Rep. Jackie Speier likened Russian President Vladimir Putin to a tarantula on Monday during a congressional hearing with FBI Director James
- GOP Rep To Constituent: 'Shut Up' About Violence Against Women
- March 14, 2017, 7:59 am
- Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) told a man to shut up after he disagreed with the congressman's vote against the Violence Against Women Act.
At a rowdy town