- Name: Kevin Brady
- Birthday (Date of Birth): April 11, 1955
- Place of Birth: Vermillion, South Dakota
- State: Texas
- Position: House
- Also Worked As: Beaumont, Texas Chamber of Commerce executive
- College: University of South Dakota
- Took Office in: 1997
- Party Affiliation: Republican
- Biography: Kevin Brady was born in Vermillion, South Dakota, one of five children of William and Nancy Brady. His father, a lawyer, was killed in 1967 in a courtroom shooting in Rapid City when Brady was 12 years old. Brady now calls The Woodlands, a suburb of Houston, his home.
Brady graduated from the University of South Dakota in Vermillion, where he also became a member of Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity. A chamber of commerce executive who also served on the Rapid City Common Council, Brady moved to Texas to work for the Beaumont Chamber of Commerce and later the South Montgomery County Woodlands Chamber of Commerce.
He began his political career in 1990 when he was elected to the Texas House of Representatives, representing The Woodlands and other parts of Montgomery County.
- States have green light to drug test the unemployed
- May 11, 2017, 6:45 am
- An Obama-era rule that restricted drug testing for unemployment insurance is nowÂ history.
- The GOP voted to strip health care from millions and the media covered it like a sporting event
- May 4, 2017, 12:25 pm
- Itâs a life-and-death matterâââand not just for congressional careers.